Lakes and Waterways
Logan County has a number of lovely lakes and waterways with natural and scenic beauty for visitors to enjoy. Below are just some of the places you should visit:
- Paris City Lake - This lake on the southside of Paris is a great setting for enjoying the outdoors. Activities that can be found here are fishing and picnicing.
- Cove Lake - This pristine lake at the base of Mount Magazine offers visitors a variety of outdoor pleasures including swimming, boating, camping, and fishing.
- Subiaco Ridge Lakes- 3 lovely, small, little lakes located side by side in the ridges directly to the south of Subiaco. These lakes offer a lovely opportunity for fishing and some quiet canoeing or floating.
- Spring Lake- Hidden to the east of Mount Magazine several miles this is great getaway destination. This lake offers swimming, fishing, boating, camping, and canoeing.
- Shoal Bay - Corps of Engineers Lake Area (Dardanelle) has a boat dock and ramp, group pavilion, swim beach, playground, Bridge Rock Nature Trail, amphitheater, water shows, facilities and camping.
- Arkansas River - Just a few minutes north of Paris the Arkansas River cuts it way through the countryside on its way through the remainder of Arkansas to eventually empty into the Mississippi River. The Mills-Ahne Bridge just north of Scranton, is the longest bridge in Arkansas (1 1/2 miles) and crosses Lake Dardanelle, an impoundment of the Arkansas River. The Arkansas River offers plentiful fishing, boating, skiing, and other water activities. Access points and campgrounds can be found at several points along the southside of the river in Logan County.
- Streams and Creeks along Scenic Highway 22 - This beautiful route takes you by and across a number of lovely streams and creeks. Each of these streams and creeks meandor through the ridges and valleys throughout the area and offer wonderful scenery and plentiful wildlife to enjoy. You can also find some wonderful fishing spots, just remember to get permission before journeying onto private land.
- Blue Mountain Lake - Just north of the Ouachita National Forest, this area on the Petit Jean River has water sports and seasonal hunting opportunities in its surrounding forests.
Paris Area Chamber of Commerce
301 West Walnut
Paris, AR 72855
City of Paris
PO Box 271
100 North Express Street
Paris, AR 72855
After Hours/Emergency: 479-963-2600